Elective B Type Design 2

Here are my tools drawings re-scaled so that the clamp (hopefully) no longer dominates. All have been scaled so that they relate to each other more successfully - though the scaling isn't necessarily true to reality.



And here are my glyphs. The glyphs are based on the typeface Akkurat.



Some glyphs are proving to be more problematic than others. The clamp has been through many stages and the chisel through 11 different versions. The main problem was that my drawings had become very symmetrical. I needed to break up the symmetry in the glyphs to create more of an interesting relationship between the glyphs. I love the spanner!

Archive

Search

Categories

Click here to subscribe to James Brook / Design

Please visit www.jamesbrook.net for more information

The content (content being images and text) of this website is copyright © James Brook
All rights expressly reserved
Powered by Blogger.